Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary - 11 years

So it was our 11th anniversary on Saturday, May 3rd and Brandon surprised me with a trip up the coast to Cambria and Monterey for the weekend (without kids!!!). This is what we did on our honeymoon 11 years ago... Of course we started out with the famous "You take my picture and I'll take yours!"

We left on Friday morning and arrived in Cambria around 1ish. We stayed in a cute little place called the Creekside Inn (pictured below) which actually had a creek behind it that Brandon spotted from our balcony.

We love this little town because you can walk around and browse these cute little shops (The Dirty Laundry was our favorite - those of you who know Brandon, PLEASE ask him about his experience!) and they have the best steak place around called Sow's Ear which is were we ate at 11 years ago on our honeymoon... that was fun! The next morning we drove up the coast and saw the Elephant Seals, the only waterfall that runs into the Pacific and many more gorgeous views of PCH - it was really fabulous.

You have to make that drive if you live here in Cali or if you ever visit - it's amazing! We finally made it to Monterey 3 hours later and had so much fun browsing the shops and buying all the candy and fudge we could find. We were going to go kayaking in the bay like we did on our honeymoon, but it was 54 degrees and a bit windy. So after a long day, we decided to grab a pizza and watch a movie in bed... then break out the candy and fudge to make ourselves sick!


We really had a great time and I feel so blessed to have such a great husband... (more pictures to come)

4 comments:

GINA said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe it's been 11 years. Remember when we told you that you were going to marry Brandon? LOL. Anyway, mine and Brian's anniversary is coming up June 9th and we have no idea what we are doing. Congrats!

Tamara said...

I love it...it looks like so much fun. You look the exact same as you did 11 years ago.

Michele said...

You are too kind Tamara! Thanks!

Yes - Gina I remember when you all said I was going to marry Brandon... I was in denial!

Kristin said...

What a fun trip! I think I'll copy it for a fun trip for Steve and I :)