Saturday, May 24, 2008

HB 4th Enrichment Night

We had such a great enrichment night this past week. The theme was "Turning Our Hearts to Our Fathers" with classes on personal/family history and creative journaling ideas. Our dinner consisted of family recipes which were wonderful and they had the recipes of every dish printed out for us to take home. After dinner, they had a family of 4 generation women get up and tell why they love their mother/grandmother and what they taught them to help them in their lives. It was very touching. I could of listened to their stories all night!
But the reason I was so interested in this particular enrichment is because of starting this blog. I write on this blog as part of my journaling and I love it. I'm definitely not a creative writer so this blog just lets me write a few lines about my day or funny things my kids say, add a picture (or not) and be done. At the end of each year I'm going to have this printed out into a book from a website I received in one of the classes www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook. I've always wanted to keep a journal and have tried many times with not much success until now. Another great idea I heard in the journal class was a "Gratitude Journal" where you write down 5 things you are grateful for each day. I love that idea and thought that would be great thing to start with my family, but everyday is a bit much for my 3 little ones so I talked with Brandon and we decided to do it weekly. So a new entry on our blog will be "5 Things We are Grateful For this Week" starting this Sunday. Stay tuned...
Quotes from Presiden Spenser W. Kimball "Those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives".
"Your journal should contain your true self rather than a picture of you when you are 'made up' for a public performance... The truth should be told, but we should not emphasize the negative."

3 comments:

Autumn said...

COOL, I WANT TO PUBLISH MY BLOG TOO, THANKS FOR THE INFO! BUMMED I MISSED ENRICHMENT NIGHT, HEARD IT WAS GREAT. CHRISTIAN HAD HIS 1ST PLAYOFF B-BALL GAME!

Dixons said...

I was so happy to read your entry and see that the night was inspiring for you. That's what we hoped for! (Yea when it works!) Love the 5 things you are grateful for as a family, such a cute idea.

Kristin said...

Michele, I love the family gratitude posting! How fun will that be to look back on!