Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Powder Puff Race for the Cure 2008

This past weekend was SO much fun... we took 5th in our class!! It's my second year racing this event for Breast Cancer and it was huge success! There were over 200 cars. They have raised over $120,000 the past two years from this event. I had a new co-driver this year... my good friend Kim Dunn. She was a firecracker!! She did awesome and we had a blast. Amanda, my sister-in-law, was my co-driver last year but she is 8 1/2 months pregnant with a new Briscoe boy!! We missed having her with us... but she needs all the rest she can get!

Getting ready for the start...
Coming out of the pits... here we go again!
My cute family...

I just want to thank Brandon... he is the best, most supportive husband in the world! He has built two race cars in the past 3 years and I have raced them both... not him and he couldn't be happier. He, along with Kim's husband, Bob, our friend Justin, my father-in-law Larry, and my brother-in-law Brian worked many long hours trying to get our Arcticat in tip top shape! And it was... nothing went wrong at all... we finished all 88 miles with no problems. Thank you so much team for your hard work. And thank you Kim for being a great co-driver! "Go left, Go left... No my left!!"

12 comments:

Baak Talk said...

Michelle,

You are truly SHE-RA! I had no idea!

You'll have to drive that thing out here and cruise around and look at all the houses!

Autumn said...

Fun!
I so want in next year, I can be your co-pilot!
Plus for Breast Cancer, awesome!
I did 2 60 mile walks to raise money, it was fun!
Love the family photo-Christmas card!!

Emily C said...

AWESOME!!! those pics are so cool. looks like a blast.

JS said...

That looks so fun! You are a cool mom. :) I like what was said above. That is a perfect Christmas picture!

GINA said...

My husband would be so jealous! He misses his racing. Great Job.

Sechrist Family said...

Congratulations!!!! That is awesome, I want to be your co-driver! We would come in dead last, maybe you should consider it! hahaha

Dixons said...

Michele, you rock!!! You're such a tough chick. I bet Brandon thinks you're so hot in your racing gear!

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

So thats what the car looks like (or maybe its not called a car)
Anyway, love your new pumpkin patch picture!!! Gorgeous.

Kristin said...

You may just be the coolest chick around...officially!

Team Pink said...

Hi Michelle,
I raced in the powdrepuff race, my name is Jessi #1988. Also in the UTV class. I just came accross an awesome pic of you out there, front wheels off the ground... sweet!!!
www.mikesracephoto.com
more-powderpuff-sxs

was that race awesome or what!!!! I had a blast and now I am hooked...

You rock!!!
Jessi

Tamara said...

Look how hot you look...you are like the coolest mom ever!!

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

You go girl! How awesome. I'm sure your husband thinks it is super sexy! AT least mine would.